Reigns: Game of Thrones [Official Site] has been announced by developer Nerial and publisher Devolver Digital that will continue the swipe left or right mechanic of the previous titles.
Like Reigns and Reigns: Her Majesty it will have full native Linux support. It's due out on October 18th and you can pre-purchase now (not that we ever suggest doing so). I actually found Reigns: Her Majesty strangely addictive. The incredible simple gameplay makes it an incredibly accessible game and I imagine it lending itself rather well to a Game of Thrones setting. Swipe left and you might be king, swipe right too many times and you might get stabbed in the back—sounds about right.
It will feature:
- A Formidable Cast: Rule from the Iron Throne as Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow, Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, Sansa Stark, and more. Change between each king and queen you unlock to face challenges and mysteries unique to their story.
- Impose Your Will: Swipe left or right to change the fate of the Seven Kingdoms forever as you hear the impassioned pleas and unpredictable demands from the people of Westeros. If a particular character becomes bothersome, tear their card in half to unburden Your Majesty with their concerns – but at what cost?
- Reenvision Westeros: Melisandre’s visions are your playing field and extend beyond the TV series to imagine the many fates of those that would sit upon the Iron Throne. Rebuild the Great Sept of Baelor as Cersei or discover the path of the Seven Kingdoms if Sansa Stark had married Jaime Lannister.
- Regal Mini Games: Even the most powerful rulers need to set aside their worries and partake in more trivial matters now and then. From jousting to tavern brawls, these distractions aren’t without consequence!
- A Grander Reigns: Fans of the Reigns series will be delighted with the biggest, deepest entry in the series that does not simply retell the stories you know but rather lets you create new adventures at your whim.
- Iconic Soundtrack: Decide the fate of Westeros and those that reside in your land to the soaring score of the HBO series by Ramin Djawadi.
Follow it on Steam.