For those who prefer the calmer side of video games, Equilinox is a sandbox nature simulation game and it's out now.
Seems to be quite a hit with users too, going by Steam's user reviews so far it has an "Overwhelmingly Positive" rating from over 500 reviews. It's not a huge amount of reviews, but that seems to be a rather good indicator that it's a decent game.
It came with Linux support at release, so the developer ThinMatrix has done well for us it seems. It's been in development since 2015, with the developer posting videos with behind the scenes info on their official YouTube channel.
- World creation tools
- Simulated life-cycles for all species, such as eating, reproducing, dying, growing, etc.
- Interesting animal behaviours, such as hunting, den building, honey-making bees, etc.
- Ability to genetically modify the traits and behaviors of your wildlife
- Evolution system to unlock new species
- 120+ species to unlock
- 10 different biome types to create
- 60+ tasks to complete
- Cute low-poly art-style with quirky animations
Find it on Steam.