Coldwild Games have today released their squad-based shoot 'em up Lazy Galaxy: Rebel Story and it's really quite good.
Disclosure: Key provided by the developer.
- Start out alone, but rescue allies as you progress
- Your allies do not level up by killing enemies. Rather they get stronger once they get to know you and each other better
- Change you fleet formation to avoid bullets and focus fire
- Use your ally special abilities to boost your firepower or heal yourself
- 2 Player Local Co-Op Support
- Fly through eight different levels, encountering various enemies and fighting your way to the O'Xelg communication base
I've been impressed with Coldwild Games, after giving them feedback during my early testing before release I came up against an issue with Unity keyboard input and they were very quick to resolve it. Definitely a developer worth supporting.
It also works perfectly with the Steam Controller and you know what, it's damn fun too! The addition of multiple ships, giving you the ability to move them behind you or to the side at the tap of a button, is certainly interesting. Keep them to the side to take out more enemies easily, keep them behind you to focus fire on bigger enemies. It's awesome and it's not just a small gimmick, because it works so well.
You can find it on Steam and it's 15% off until August 29th.