Ravenfield is a pretty fun single-player FPS that keeps on expanding and becoming more interesting with each release. This latest release is especially fun.
Here's an up to date video of it on Linux:
- Added Parachutes and fall damage (Press jump in mid air to deploy the parachute)
- Added Transport Helicopter
- Added Scoreboard
- Added Killcam
- Spawning redone (Press fire to spawn at the last point, or open the loadout to change spawn point)
- Improved swimming
- Improved sound system with filtering based on distance, walls and surroundings.
- Reworked vehicle blips on the minimap
- Moved AI pathfinding to separate thread
- Increased render distance from 2 to 4 km.
- AI Tweaks
- Misc bugfixes
While I still wish it had multiplayer (it would seriously be awesome), I do understand for a tiny team that can be incredibly challenging and time consuming, so I'm glad they pushing through and making the single-player as fun as possible. It is fun, that's for sure. Especially since the AI can do practically everything you would hope. They can pilot vehicles while you take the guns, so you will see plenty of aircraft flying around all controlled by the AI. It's actually quite an impressive game overall.
It does create some surprisingly impressive scenes, like the video above where I parachuted out of an AI controlled helicopter, to a point where enemy troops where coming in and BAM—a helicopter crashes down and take out an enemy I was looking at. I don't think I will ever get tired of playing around in Ravenfield.
Interestingly enough, it's actually become a favourite game for my Son and he doesn't take to many games. Especially so, since the Steam Workshop has some amusing vehicles and weapons you can add in.