Glass Bottom Games, developer of Spartan Fist and Hot Tin Roof have announced SkateBIRD and it looks hilariously fun.
Drop in, and be a skateboarding bird. Grind on bendy straws, kickflip over staplers, and carve killer lines through cardboard and sticky tape parks. Skate an expansively tiny world with simple controls even a Hawk named Tony would dig.
Not only does it look amusing, it will be coming to Linux too so that's obviously another tick in the box.
Honestly, I would have written off such an idea as something too silly. However, after watching the trailer I genuinely think it actually looks quite good. My heart melted a little seeing the flapping while in the air, so sweet.
- Drive smooth flowing, physical-feeling skating with simple buttons, not stick gestures
- Feel immediately at home with the controls, if you dig Pro Skaters of a Hawk variety
- Explore a series of tiny worlds full of little objectives and secret tapes (scotch tapes mostly)
- Make bird friends by completing challenges, or just trying really hard
- Organize skate events with your new friends! Become a skate bird legend!
You can follow it and wishlist on Steam. It's due out sometime next year, no proper date has been mentioned yet.