Quick news tip to start your Wednesday morning, as the developer of Pulstario has confirmed their game is coming to Linux.
Developed by Fred Wood, who previously made the quite popular platformers LOVE and kuso, Pulstario has you pilot a shop through a void to collect lost souls. Quite a short game too, Wood said it should only take around 30 minutes to finish the main game. However, it will have multiple modes and secret levels to find.
There's 11 levels with 5 secret levels, 14 achievements, 14 ship skins to unlock, Steam Trading Cards and Emotes and Steam Leaderboards if you're feeling competitive.
- Unlimited Mode: Play through the game's ten levels with unlimited lives, the ability to slow down time, and enjoy the game with no punishments.
- Arcade Mode: Play through the game with a limited number of lives and the ability to slow down time.
- Challenge Mode: Play through the game with a very limited number of lives.
- Speedrun Mode: Play through the game or individual levels to try and achieve the fastest time.
- One Life Mode: Challenge each level without dying
Speaking about it on Twitter, the developer put out a post showing it running on Ubuntu with a follow up to mention "Steamworks support is working as well, we'll be launching on Linux!".
You can follow and wishlist on Steam, it's due to release sometime in December.
Hat tip to NuSuey.