There's quite a lot of hype going for Crazy Justice [Official Site], the third-person shooter with single-player, co-op and Battle Royale that's coming to Linux, here's some more details on it.
Since there's been a lot of comparisons to Fortnite, they've also given out quite a few details on why it will be different:
- Gameplay is based on heroes and abilities: There will be 23 heroes in the game (with more to come in future updates), each with their own set of unique skills and stats. There will be passive and active abilities to choose from, and you can upgrade and customise them (to a certain degree) through a collectable card deck system.
- Different game modes than Fortnite/PUBG: Including a Story Mode (co-op), Team Deathmatch, and Capture the Flag with your friends.
- Not focused on instant building: While there will be spells and skills that allow you to build structures, fast building is not an essential part of Crazy Justice.
- A larger map than Fortnite: There will also be regular new map updates in the future.
- Different biomes: Crazy Justice features a desert, and a snowy area, with procedurally generated building interiors which will change every game being considered for the future. Changing weather cycles (night/day/rain etc.) are also being considered.
- Vehicles: At some point, they want you to be able to drive even a bulldozer to escape deadly fire - or ram people into oblivion with it!
- No microtransactions: This doesn't mean that it won't have skins available in the future. If they do bring skins, they plan for them to be a reward for your time and achievements obtained in the game.
In terms of a release date, everything is indicating that it will head to Steam this month. Quite possibly next week, which they've hinted at when I asked about it. During their most recent Q&A session, I said there was no way they would deal with issues during E3 so they would release after it, to which they replied with "all of the dev kits/stuffs will be with us ;)". They've also given out "mid-June" as their target, so next week really does sound possible.
Here's a few more bits from the session we've found out:
- In terms of expansions, they will be doing story-related DLC
- They will add in swimming
- Much like other games you will be able to loot dead enemies as their equipment will drop
- They're working on adding a taser weapon
- Epic Games actually helped them during their crowdfunding campaign
- There's currently 50 weapons done for the Battle Royale mode
- Season events will be a thing
- It will have taunts, with around 20 coming to the game
They said they're working on a proper trailer that should hopefully release within a few days and pre-orders via their website are apparently closing today.
Personally, I haven't been this excited about a game for quite some time. Sounds like it has everything I want.