ShilohGames, developer of the free multiplayer space shooter Allspace which released recently has now ported over their previous space shooter Disputed Space to Linux.
Always nice to see a developer port their previous games, it's not enough just to have the "latest and greatest" of course.
Unlike Allspace, Disputed Space actually offers up single-player and local co-op support. As the developer says:
Disputed Space is a fast-paced arcade action game, not a realistic simulator. It is a 6DOF game that plays like Descent or Overload, but in outer space instead of inside a mine. Players pilot a small fighter ship that can fly in any direction (including backwards) while blasting enemy ships with lasers and missiles.
- First Person Space Shooter with Six degrees of freedom (6DoF)
- Single player campaign with 30 levels
- Pilot your ship by rapidly strafing, aiming, dodging, and shooting
- Play as part of a large fleet
- Fly in between large capital ships while dogfighting with fighters and bombers
- Procedurally generated space scenes
- Large battles with dozens of ships and thousands of projectiles
- Arcade, Action, 3D SHMUP
Find it on Steam for £1.69/$1.99/€1.59.