Steam Marines 2 [Official Site], the in-development squad-based strategy game from Worthless Bums is now officially available on Linux.
Unlike the previous game, SM2 has moved everything into 3D along with a new graphical style that's rather colourful. We will hopefully take a good look at it in future.
- Permadeath - take care of your marines or die trying.
- Turn-based combat - master movement and fire tactics.
- Procedural generation - ship interiors and planetside levels.
- Factions - human, alien, and robot units with their own gear and tactics.
- Customization - marines with names, portraits, and gear.
You can find the announcement about the latest version including the Linux build here. The Alpha only launched last month, so it's nice to see Linux support getting in early.
It's currently available on itch.io for $25.