For those of you who like your more casual action-arcade type games StarCrossed does look pretty sweet.
Currently on Kickstarter, Contigo Games need $10K and they already have over $8K with 25 days to go so it looks like they will easily hit their goal. It's not a lot to ask for but they do mention how they've been working on it for two years already. The Kickstarter is to help with "outreach and marketing".
They say it plays much like an old arcade shooter, except instead of shooting bullets you and your friend are bouncing a star between you. So it required a lot of attention and some quick reactions, to bounce it between you in the right place to take down enemies. It sounds like a very interesting co-op experience, one that will reward good teamwork. Here's a short clip:
- Cast of 5 playable characters to choose from, each with their own ultimate ability.
- Designed from the ground up for 2 player local co-op (can play solo!)
- Xbox and PS4 controller support.
- Arcade mode with global high score leaderboard.
- Story mode featuring visual novel style dialogue scenes and an epic quest.
- Original soundtrack.
The game is due for release in "early 2019", find the Kickstarter here.