Stealth-action hybrid DEADBOLT from Risk of Rain developer Hopoo Games is now available for Linux on Steam, according to an announcement this week:
QuoteHey there! As of 7/12/16 (today!) DEADBOLT is now available on Steam for Mac/Linux! The game in its entirety, along with its custom map and Steam Workshop support, is now all available on both Mac and Linux platforms.
The announcement goes on to say that while custom maps are playable on Linux, it is unlikely that Linux users will ever be able to make their own maps, due to a limitation in the GameMaker: Studio engine.
You can grab DEADBOLT on Steam now, but the DRM free version on the Humble Store is for now only available for Windows.
Thanks to GOL reader Steven for the tip.
About the game (from Steam)
DEADBOLT is an extremely challenging stealth-action hybrid that allows you to take control of the reaper to quell the recent undead uprising. Play and complete missions given to you by the mysterious fireplace as you become the avatar of death. While the reaper has an impressive arsenal and skillset to kill the undead, he has one flaw - he dies in one shot... leaving you with no room for error.
- Complete over 25 extremely challenging missions
- Unlock and obtain over 30 weapons, ranging from a reaper's scythe to an automatic grenade launcher
- Fight over 35 enemy types, from zombies to vampires to bosses and more
- Choose your playstyle: quiet assassin, loud one-man army, or anything in between
- Gib them all! DEADBOLT's dynamic gore system guarantees that all evisceration leads to satisfaction
- Choose your own way to complete a mission - no mission has to be completed in one way
- Accomplish a variety of objectives, like assassinating gang leaders and investigating mysteries
- Multi-genre soundtrack created by the talented Chris Christodoulou of the Risk of Rain OST
- Create and play custom maps with the DEADBOLT Map Editor (Windows only)