Another year, another massive sale is now live on Steam. Let’s take a look at what Valve are doing this year and what you should be looking out for.
This time around, Valve aren’t doing any special trading cards. They’re trying something a little different! You will be entering the "Steam Grand Prix" by joining a team (go team Hare!), earning points for rewards and having a shot at winning some free games in the process. Sounds like a good bit of fun, the specific-game challenges are a nice touch.
As for what to pick up? That’s very subjective but I’ve decided to break it down into some lists for you this year to do it a little differently. All games will be ordered from highest to lowest discount at time of writing.
Indie Games - Some fun titles with Linux support from smaller developers, those who likely need that bit of extra support.
- Invisible, Inc. - 75% off
- MidBoss - 75% off
- The Long Dark - 75% off
- SteamWorld Heist - 70% off
- Basingstoke - 66% off
- Overload - 60% off
- Slay the Spire - 50% off
- Terraria (huge update coming) - 50% off
- Brigador: Up-Armored Edition - 35% off
- Streets of Rogue - 34% off
- Dead Cells - 33% off
- Baba Is You - 30% off
- Kingdoms and Castles - 30% off
- Caves of Qud - 10% off
Bigger Games - Big and beautiful, featuring Linux support.
- Rise of the Tomb Raider - 85% off
- Civilization VI - 75% off
- Mad Max - 75% off
- Prison Architect - 75% off
- Stellaris - 75% off (Stellaris: Starter Pack also great with 67% off)
- XCOM 2 - 75% off
- Dying Light (I recommend using Steam Play for better performance) - 66% off
- Total War: WARHAMMER II - 50% off
- Rocket League - 50% off
Steam Play - Games worth checking out, that work well.
- Scribblenauts Unlimited (great for kids!) - 75% off
- Elder Scrolls Online - 50% off
- Prey - 50% off
- Deep Rock Galactic - 35% off
- DOOM - 25% off
Obviously there's a ton more, far more than I could ever recommend personally, those are just some games I consider to be worthy of some attention.
The sale ends on July 9th. Plenty of time, as expected the Steam store completely died when the sale went live and is still up and down even now, so picking titles has been difficult. I may add more suggestions later.
Do come back and let us know what awesome deal you pick up!