Stone Story is a name I've not heard for a while, after posting about it myself way back in 2017 it's one I completely lost track of. This rather different RPG is animated entirely using ASCII symbols!
As it turns out, the release is quickly approaching, with it planning to be live on Steam in Early Access on August 8th. They also have a fancy new trailer:
- Stunning ASCII animation and gorgeous music
- Robust player A.I. that combines with other game systems to offer a unique experience for gamers of all types
- 8 unique Locations, each with their own meticulously detailed environments and intense boss fights
- Simple, but deep crafting system
- Dozens of items that can be combined to facilitate new strategies
- A rich fantasy world with eccentric enemies, amusing NPC encounters and engaging lore
- 8+ hours of main story gameplay, in addition to procedurally generated content
- Plenty of secrets!
Since it's not graphically intensive, the system requirements did make me laugh a bit with it being "Potatoware friendly" so it should run on pretty much anything.
The developer has already provided a key, so I shall be taking a look around the release. I won't spoil anything right now, but I can confirm it runs without issues on Manjaro KDE.
You can wishlist/follow it on Steam.