With Stoneshard currently going through crowdfunding, the developers have finally released the Stoneshard: Prologue alpha demo on Linux.
The Kickstarter is currently doing very well, with only 6 days to go they've managed to reach well over their initial goal. They've got around $65K in funding, which means they hit their first stretch goal to include new dungeons and enemies.
Key features of the full game:
- Embark on an adventure through a vast procedurally-generated medieval world
- Lead a Сaravan of valiant allies and expand your following
- Struggle with physical & psychological traumas and cure them by whatever means necessary: medicine or other more shifty means
- Upgrade and customize your character any way you want to
- Wage war on your enemies: vampires, the undead, mercenaries and other foes, with over 100+ weapons
- Follow the will of ancient Gods and gain some of their power in return
- Should you fall in battle, another hero is ready to take your place and continue the journey
Now they've shown they know how to sort out a Linux build, the temptation to back the project from me personally has increased a lot. The demo is obviously rough around the edges, like the system mouse cursor appearing on top of the game cursor for example and the slightly dodgy controls, however it shows a huge amount of promise. Amusingly, I've managed to do hurt myself and die multiple times in ways I didn't quite expect.
For any concerns about issues in the current demo, they put up this announcement. Naturally, a lot of it is simply addressing issues as it's not finished.
Find the Stoneshard: Prologue demo here on Steam, find the Stoneshard Kickstarter here.
See more from me