SUPERHOT, a first-person shooter where time moves extremely slowly until you move, released originally way back in February 2016, just got a rather nice update for Linux gamers.
Don't know what it is? Remind yourself with the trailer below:
What changed? From their update notes:
- Fixed game crashing on Linux. Some Linux players couldn't run the game. Now they can. Yay.
- Spread the system achievement available for Linux players. Linux achievement hunters will be finally able to max out.
- Rebaked lightmaps on some levels for Linux version.
- Fixed Pumpkin Spiced achievement not working for some players.
- Fixed font size and typos in piOS menu
- Removed minor bugs on both Linux and Windows version.
They also said "This time we showed a bit more love towards Linux players." which is pretty nice to see.
I remember the release well, as it really was quite buggy but I did enjoy it a lot. I still get annoyed by the constant "SUPER HOT SUPER HOT" but outside of that it's such a unique experience you really do need to try out.
I do also still think the whole "time moves only when you move" is a bit of a naff description they gave it, as it's clearly not true. Splitting hairs though, it's such a minor thing.