The dungeon crawler rogue-like was released for Linux last week. It brings a few twists to the familiar formula that might interest fans of the genre. A free version is available for those curious to try the game out.
I'm an occasional fan of dungeon crawlers and have wasted many an hour playing games such as NetHack or the still-active Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup. Random generation can be a cruel mistress as anyone who has played these games can attest and it makes every playthrough unique.
There's a free 'lite' version of The Enhancted Cave 2 available as a free flash game but the full version sold on Steam is the more comprehensive and complete edition available. The flash game is fairly popular and a good way to see if you're interested or not in the full experience. Additionally, you can see the diferrences between the full version and the free version here.
Delve into a strange cave with a seemingly endless supply of treasure, strategically choosing your battles to gather as much treasure as possible! Find rare artifacts and traverse the skill tree to become your choice of a mage, warrior, alchemist, or a mix of skills. Craft potions or enchant your equipment with ingredients, and discover secret areas! But be careful because the cave has oddly become quite dangerous lately with more explorers going missing every day…
The Enchanted Cave 2 is an RPG/roguelike with a heavy focus on risk vs reward. Strategically choosing your battles, building your character, enchanting your equipment and knowing when to escape the cave are crucial to succeed.
- 100 randomly-generated floors of loot, monsters, and minibosses
- Over 300 items, equipment, spells, and crafting ingredients
- Mid-cave shops to buy, sell, and enchant equipment
- Secret areas hidden in the walls
- A thriving town of tourists and eager explorers to talk and trade their equipment
- Sprawling skill tree featuring 3 unique play-styles, or any combination!
- 4 playable characters
- A beautiful soundtrack by Grant Kirkhope
- Museum for the hardcore collectors
- New Game+ mode to infinity
You can grab The Enchanted Cave 2 on Steam.