The Inner World - The Last Wind Monk [Steam] will release with Linux support on July 13th and they have just shown off the first trailer.
The art looks fantastic and it seems like a game that might be quite good. I never played the first one, so it's great that you should be able to play through this by itself.
Official feature list:
- Experience the fun and moving sequel to “The Inner World”. And don't worry if you haven't played the first game! This one is enjoyable all on its own!
- Switch seamlessly between playing our charming Asposian heroes Robert and Laura, and their clumsy but friendly pigeon, Peck.
- Enjoy hilarious dialogues with amazing voice-overs.
- Hours of fun brainteasers await you: Challenge Uncle Oboe to a game of Knock-Knock and win some much needed prison toilet paper, cause trouble in the tumble mouse shearing factory, help a desperate Bingo Pony become happy once again, bring an adorable baby gorf back home, and save Asposia! Again!
- A patented, multi-level hint system enables everyone to finish the game!
- Learn new songs on your magic flute nose, to activate ancient artifacts and invoke the wind!
- Lose yourself in the beautiful animation and the atmospheric soundtrack.
- Explore the topsy-turvy cable car station of Asposia Central, get to know the quirky tumble mouse factory workers, reveal the secret of the Shovel Mountains, and much more!
I heard mixed reports about the original having some poor Linux support, but hopefully this one will be better. Will you be picking it up?