Awesome news for those waiting on it, as GOG now have the Linux build of Forsaken Remastered from Nightdive Studios with porting help from Ryan "Icculus" Gordon.
As a reminder, here's some of the new stuff you can expect to find in it:
- Support for Widescreen and 4K monitors
- Super smooth interpolated movement for 144hz displays and beyond
- MSAA and SMAA anti aliasing
- Ambient Occlusion and Motion Blur effects
- Enhanced and improved particle effects
- OpenGL 3.2, DirectX 11 support
- New automap feature
- Unique levels and enemies featured in the N64 version
- Unlockable bonus levels not seen in the original release
- Remastered display HUD
I think it's seriously great that Nightdive continue revamping older games, especially when it's a title I had never played before. I certainly hope they continue working with Icculus to provide Linux ports.
It's actually built using the same engine as the updated releases of Turok 1 and 2, so it uses no code from the original game, which I thought was quite interesting. More on that here.
Grab it on GOG now if you wish.