Turok, the revamp of the 1997 shooter arrived in Beta for Linux back in May and now it's officially out.
I do find it odd they didn't give it an "Enhanced Edition" name, similar to what others do since it does have a bunch of improvements over the original like these:
- Support for high resolutions, and widescreen
- Improved gameplay and level design
- OpenGL for video backend to provide portability and support for vertical sync
- Dynamic lighting, bloom, FXAA, enhanced water effects, lights shafts and more
- Ability to freely rebind all keyboard, mouse, and gamepad inputs
- Steam Achievements
I've tested it myself and it does run really nicely, but that's to be expected really as it was ported to Linux by Ryan "Icculus" Gordon.
Currently available on Steam and it's 75% off during the Summer Sale—bargain!