Limbic Entertainment and Kalypso Media today released the first expansion to the humurous city building sim Tropico 6, along with a free update for everyone.
Firstly, the Seguridad Social update is free for everyone who owns Tropico 6 and adds in a new Warehouse building, a sandbox map 'Rio', and a community-requested Social Security edict, which helps prevent in-game student and retiree NPCs from going broke. There's also quite a healthy amount of bug fixing in this update.
As for Tropico 6's first DLC, The Llama of Wall Street, you will join forces with your very own stockbroker and satisfy your inner white-collar mogul, taking over the US economy and helping establish Tropico as a global mega-brand. Sounds quite hilarious, here's what it comes with:
- Enter the world of big business with the new standalone mission: The Llama of Wall Street
- Use new buildings such as the Trade Institute, Toy Workshop and Smart Furniture Studio to further your economic power
- Expanded gameplay mechanics means goods are now subject to price fluctuations, trade impacts and trends. Infiltrate global markets to forecast future trends and play the markets as you see fit
- Random events pose extra challenges and will impact global market situations, trade and production. Keep an eye out and act accordingly
- Sharpen your skills in a brand-new sandbox map
- Make Tropico yours with more edicts, traits and customisation options for El Prez and his palace.
You can see the release trailer below for The Llama of Wall Street:
Always fantastic to see Linux stated so clearly in a trailer, that's how it should be. Kalypso Media have been a pretty great publisher of Linux games! Tropico 6 is doing well too, it's sat with a clear "Very Positive" rating on Steam and it feels like it deserves it.
You can pick up Tropico 6 and the DLC on Humble Store and Steam.
See more from me