Disclaimer: I made this game :D
After many long months, I'm very happy to present the re-launch of The Spicy Meatball Saves The Day, a lightly comedic text adventure with first person mouselook style controls along with a snazzy new trailer.
Take on the role of The Spicy Meatball, a superhero who gets distracted by a house fire on their way home from fighting crime.
These builds include additional content, a whole stack of fixes, and some new features that I've spent the past couple of weeks pulling together. Here are some of the more interesting changes:
- A new, voiced "readme"
- New positional FM synth ambient and action sound effects by InversePhase
- Ambient building fire sounds
- Improved keyboard controls
- Initial gamepad/joystick support (bindings below)
- Cutscene scroll pausing (Space)
- Lots and lots of puzzle logic fixes
- Lots and lots of text fixes
In lieu of an in-game gamepad/joystick bindings screen, here's a quick rundown on controls. Note that this feature is super new and hasn't been tested across many devices. If you hit any hurdles or unexpected behaviour, let me know!
- X/Y camera rotation: Axis 0 and axis 1 (typically "left stick")
- Interact/confirm: Button 0 (typically "A")
- Inventory: Button 1 (typically "B")
- Cancel/Pause: Button 2 (typically "X")