The Ultimate Nerd Game, the first-person sandbox building game about making crazy machines is going to get a new name and a big new release. See Also: Our previous article on TUNG.
Writing on itch.io, the main developer talked about how they've been quiet for some time now and it seems they've been busy. They're going to be doing a big new release, which will be available across Steam, Itch, and Gamejolt. This new release will not be free, likely costing around $12 which seems quite reasonable.
They also have a new name. They're not revealing it yet due to awaiting "trademark clearance" but they will reveal it in the next few weeks.
Here's what they say will be in the 1.0 release:
- Massively improved performance with large circuits, and removed the building limit
- Challenges and puzzles in addition to the sandbox mode
- Official mod support
- Much improved building mechanics
- Overhaul of all UI in the game
- Overhaul of the visuals of the world
- And apparently a lot more
In addition, they've also pulled in Felipe Martínez, aka Pipe01 who made the modding framework "PiTUNG" along with a multiplayer mod to join Mouse Hat Games.
Lastly, they shared some new screenshots:
The older free build is still on itch.io for now, if you wanted to check it out.