Village Monsters lets you step into a video game world, one long-forgotten and it finally has a new trailer to show off all the progress that has been made.
Something we highlighted here on GOL back in May, the last trailer was actually from 2017 so it was long overdue a better look at it. If you found Stardew Valley a bit too sweet, perhaps the strange run-down world of Village Monsters might be more you thing? Take a look:
- Befriend dozens of whimsical monsters, each with their own quirky personalities, interests, and problems to solve.
- Pursue many interesting hobbies that let you hunt for treasure, collect and train creatures, cultivate mushroom gardens, and catch legendary fish.
- Buy a fixer-upper and sink your entire life savings into it to make it your very own comfy-cozy homestead.
- Engage in a variety of daily tasks and activities like earning money with a part time job, joining in village events and holidays, going on adventures - or just hanging out with your monster pals and watching some TV.
- Unravel unique personal stories as you build friendships and learn the history (and secrets) of the village and its inhabitants.
- Explore vast and strange areas outside the village ranging from vibrant forests, arctic deserts, fog-choked valleys, and the ruins of a best-forgotten empire.
- Immerse yourself in a truly simulated world that boasts shifting weather patterns, sweeping seasonal changes, and interesting system interactions.
- Harness the glitches of a run-down game and use them to empower your skills and fix this neglected world.