The developer, Digital Melody, worked on Timberman, Surfingers and other casual games. They have a good history of Linux support with all their titles on Steam, so it's pleasing to see it continue.
It's very much a simple casual game, with it going to mobiles first and at some point it's coming to Steam too. There's no date on the Steam page, with it simply saying it's "Coming Soon".
I quite like a lot of these smaller casual games, since there are plenty of days where I don't have a lot of time to myself and I often like a quick blast on something. Timber Tennis looks fun to play on such occasions.
- Easy to learn, hard to master
- Local and online multiplayer
- Recognizable characters (including Timberman and his good friends)
- Tons of fresh content to unlock (courts, balls, characters)
- Tasty pixel art graphics
- Awesome 8-bit soundtrack by Stalek (Timberman music composer)
It looks completely silly, but it's my kind of silly.