Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order have today announced you need more education, just kidding, the Cities: Skylines - Campus expansion was announced.
Releasing soon too on the 21st of May! Check it out:
More about it:
Back to school! In Cities: Skylines - Campus, university life abounds with new area types for any sort of student - Trade School, Liberal Arts and University. Increase the reputation of your campus by attracting students and creating Academic Works to unlock new buildings. Build five types of varsity sports arenas and nine unique faculties, employ seven new policies, earn seven new achievements and take on five new maps! Campus takes higher education to new heights with everything you need to graduate magna cum laude.
- Degrees of Freedom - Zone for new campus area types - Trade School, Liberal Arts College and University. Increase reputation by attracting students and creating Academic Works and unlock new buildings!
- Var-City Sports - Bring college sports to your city by building football, basketball, baseball, track & field, and swimming arenas. Manage your teams, hire coaches, sell tickets -- and collect prizes for winning matches! Customize your teams with unique jerseys, buses and security.
- Syllabuster - Employ seven new policies including book fairs and for-profit education. Sponsor academic works by handing out research grants and supporting the staff.
- We Fancy - Display your scientific achievements in Museums.
- Cheers! - Celebrate with your citizens during graduation ceremonies.
- Ludocartography 101 - Five new maps for your building pleasure.
- Three New Chirper Hats - Be the big chirp on campus!
They've said it's going to be available for around $12.99/£10.29. If you're interested you can follow it on Steam and the Paradox Store for now. It will be coming along with a free update as expected and they also posted a roadmap during their livestream, which seems to show the free update coming on the 17th with feature overview videos each day until release.
On top of that they will be also doing some new content creator packs and radio stations, which will be additional purchases.