Tower of Time [Steam], the Early Access RPG that mixes in real time combat has a fresh update out to overhaul the style of the game.
They're trying to make the game more "atmospheric and realistic" and it does look damn good. It was a good looking game before, but now it does look even better. You might need to do some adjustments though, with brightness and contrast which was a little low for my tastes.
They also made significant changes to the intro levels, all characters now have their own biographies and they are currently re-writing the dialogue to fit better.
Here's the higlights of what's new:
- New graphic look & feel
- New UI for Character Screen and Inventory
- New stats for characters and items
- Gold treasures are now visible as separate objects
- Added 1H or 2H indicator to weapons
- Important items are visibly marked with light or effect
- Added lots of new SFX or fixed existing ones
- Fixed some enchantments
- Introduction levels - updates to the story
See the release notes here.
On top of that, they're also testing Vulkan support. Details on that can be found in their Discord server, in the Linux channel.
Once finished, I think this is going to be a really great RPG. Have you tried it recently, what do you think to it?