Tower Unite is an interesting MMO, it's a community-based virtual world full of other games to play online. An interesting concept, sounds a bit like Second Life to me.
Announced on Steam, the developers note the issues it currently has and how to get around them on Linux. I like this fully open approach as it tells me they have actually tested it quite a bit to know the ins and outs of the Linux version.
They are keen to stress Linux and Mac aren't a priority right now, which is fair enough, not everyone has the time and resources to fully support three games at once when the game itself is still in development.
I've reached out to the developer for a key to test with and report on.
About the game (From Steam)
Tower Unite is a living, evolving world, fueled by the community. Play online games with your friends or make new friends from around the world!
Tower Unite is a large online multiplayer game that spans genres.
- Play minigames such as Minigolf, Ball Race, Virus, and more!
- Earn items
- Hang with your friends in your own personalized house
- Connect with others through a massive Plaza with various attractions and games
- Party with friends!
- Watch synchronized media such as YouTube or Soundcloud
- Suggest new features - we listen!
- No microtransactions or subscription fees
Thanks to scaine for finding it.
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: