Turok: Dinosaur Hunter (Steam, GOG) takes the best from the N64 and PC versions, puts them into a new engine and then released into the wild. It looks like the developers are planning a Linux release too.
See this post:
QuoteRight now we are polishing the Windows version to the best it can be. Other platforms should follow soon.
About the game
Turok is back and no dinosaur is safe! When it was first released in 1997, Turok introduced gamers to a world teeming with cunning enemies, traps, puzzles and deadly weapons all within a vast 3D environment ready to explore. Now the classic game has been restored and enhanced with a new visual engine and exciting new features to sink your teeth into!
New features include
- Support for high resolutions, and widescreen
- Improved gameplay and level design
- OpenGL for video backend to provide portability and support for vertical sync
- Dynamic lighting, bloom, FXAA, enhanced water effects, lights shafts and more
- Ability to freely rebind all keyboard, mouse, and gamepad inputs
- Steam Achievements (obviously you won't get these on the GOG version)
Some you may have missed, popular articles from the last month: