Flying Oak Games first title NeuroVoider is an action packed twin-stick shooter RPG and it's now available DRM free on GOG.
- Action packed top-down shooting. May include explosions.
- Local multiplayer up to 4 players. Total coop rampage.
- Procedurally generated content and hazards. Hope you don't mind a few game overs.
- 8736 unique enemies to blow up. Yes, we counted.
- Tons of loot to customize your character with. Explode your foes with that "double twin-plasma shotgun of father doom" they've just dropped.
- Gigantic bosses to challenge your bullet dodging skills. Chances are that they don't fit on your 4K monitor.
- Powerful dark synth music by Dan Terminus. May your ears survive the beat.
As usual, the fine folks over at GOG sent over a copy for us to test out. Truthfully, I had already played quite a bit of it on Steam but it's nice to get a chance to properly test the GOG build too. As expected, the GOG build is flawless.
The game has changed quite a bit since I last tried it, with a proper intro sequence now too which gives it a rather nice and complete feeling. A little amusing too, as you're a brain in some sort of experiment chamber that breaks out to find a friendly robot telling you to suit up. I don't know why, but seeing a little brain madly hopping along really made me chuckle.
As far as twin-stick shooters go, it's good. It can get a little reptitive perhaps, but what twin-stick shooter doesn't feel like that eventually? Awesome visuals, a sound track that's sublime and it runs well.
Grab it on GOG where it's also 50% off.