The latest release candidate of Wine has kept on quashing bugs as version 3.0 shapes up for release sometime soon.
There’s not much that’s eye-catching in this release, as this is a bug fix release and is otherwise subject to a code freeze. Nonetheless, there’s a few fixes for games and other programs that should interest some people. Here’s a few game-related fixes that made it in:
- Regression in Warframe - Crash when Updating user information (Usually when ending a mission).
- regression in Age of Empires 2: ingame mostly black in recent wine version
- Sonic & Knuckles Collection: arrow buttons are very narrow
- Far Cry crashes when opening the save game menu
- Wizardry 8 hangs when starting a new game or loading a saved game
Wine 3.0 is set to be a big release, with Direct3D 11 support, among other things. It’s exciting to see how far along Wine development has come in recent years as it’s an important tool since a lot of programs will never be ported to non-Windows platforms (or even to newer versions of Windows).
If you’re curious to see the other changes in this RC, check out the complete patch notes here.