Wine 3.0 RC5 was released yesterday and it's a very quiet release in terms of bug fixes, but here it is anyway.
They're currently in a code freeze remember, so they're not working on features right now. This is to ensure the 3.0 release is as solid as possible. It's good that they're doing this, as they really have worked incredibly hard this past year to implement so many new features. A little time to focus on stability is always a good thing!
For the Wine 3.0 RC5 release they noted 9 bugs fixed:
- 18557 Slingplayer 2.0 Setup Assistant fails and hangs app
- 19526 regedit does not give gui feedback on import of keys
- 43068 Armed and Dangerous: severe performance degradation
- 43897 CHM viewer navigation items are not longer shown
- 44036 Multiple installers fail (affects MS Office 2010/2013, Notation Composer 3)
- 44183 regedit/tests fail when run with limited user account
- 44215 Eclipse (Europa) crashes on start
- 44234 Alice: Madness Returns crashes upon launch
- 44241 Memory optimiser tool in ProtectionID crashes wineserver
I expect the final Wine 3.0 release to be this month, unless something major appears.