Wine 3.9 is now officially out and it's actually quite an exciting release, especially as it pulls in the recently release vkd3d for Direct 3D 12 with Vulkan.
Here's the highlights of this fresh release:
- OpenGL core contexts enabled by default in Direct 3D.
- Beginnings of Direct 3D 12 implementation using vkd3d.
- More support for the Task Scheduler.
- Some more Task Dialog support.
- Better arrow support in GdiPlus.
- Various bug fixes.
In terms of bug fixes, they noted 33 as fixed. These include issues with iTunes, Photoshop Elements 11/12, an issue was fixed with multiple games needing support for Mesa OpenGL >= 3.2 core profiles, Shader Model 4, GLSL 1.50 and also issue solved with Anno 2205, Frostpunk and more. As always though, the bugs marked as fixed aren't necessarily bugs fixed by the 3.9 release they may have been earlier and only noticed recently.
See the release announcement here.