Another Friday another tasty Wine development release is out with Wine 4.17, no pun this week as the bottle has run dry. What's with that blanc look on your face? Ah screw it!
Usually every two weeks, the Wine hackers pull together the recent work done into a fresh development build for everyone to try. They come with new features, bug fixes and quite possibly regressions that need finding. Eventually, Valve and CodeWeavers also pull newer releases into Proton for Steam Play.
Here's the highlights of what's new in Wine 4.17:
- New version of the Mono engine with upstream fixes.
- Support for DXTn compressed textures.
- Initial version of the Windows Script runtime library.
- Support for XRandR device change notifications.
- Support for generating RSA keys.
- Stubless proxies support on ARM64.
- Various bug fixes.
For the bugs they noted 14 solved this time and as usual some of them were fixed some time ago, only now being re-tested.
See the full release notes here.