The big Wine 3.0 is inching ever closer with the release of the sixth release candidate today with bug fixes.
Since Wine is currently in a code-freeze, no new features are being pulled in so they can make the 3.0 release as stable as possible, which means it's not too exciting. Still, every software needs to go through a period of stability to ensure a solid foundation to continue improving features.
Here's what they noted as fixed:
- 3864 RedMon v1.7/1.9 (Redirection Port Monitor) fails to install/run
- 36441 joy.cpl crashes when PS4 Gamepad connected via Bluetooth
- 38671 valgrind shows an uninitialized write in dlls/advapi32/tests/security.c (test_CreateDirectoryA)
- 38799 RaidCall 7.x crashes when joining a group/trying to test sound
- 40254 mshtml:script test regression (timeout)
- 40653 Castle of Illusion start on black screen and crash
- 42588 Vietcong - graphics glitches since Wine 2.1
- 43308 valgrind shows an uninitialized write in dlls/advapi32/tests/security.c (test_AddMandatoryAce)
- 43309 valgrind shows an uninitialized write in dlls/advapi32/tests/security.c (test_token_security_descriptor)
- 43310 valgrind shows several definite leaks in dlls/advapi32/tests/security.c
- 43654 Arx Fatalis: Candlelight / Porch light leaks through the walls
- 44175 stack corruption and crash with OpenSSH port
- 44286 Regression: Default value in dropdown list is no longer select
- 44332 Powerpoint 2007/2010 slideshow encounters an "unexpected error" trying to move past first slide
I still expected the main Wine 3.0 release to be this month.