With a campaign that had quite a dicey ending, Lazr, an action platformer with some really fun use of cloth physics/simulation has now been funded on Kickstarter.
Against the goal of $10,000 they ended with $10,432. Sadly, right before it ended they had a sudden drop in funding from over $12,300 which means two stretch-goals didn't make it and the campaign as a whole almost didn't make it. Thankfully it did, as it looks awesome as you can see in the below trailer:
It really does sound like it's going to be a big game. I'm most excited about the cloth-based enemies, the whole way Lazr seems to use physics in a platformer like this seems very unique with both parts of the environment and enemies made from simulated cloth that can burn and be destroyed.
- 64 different types of loadouts allow you to customize your hero - from fully auto laser fire, to lighter and more acrobatic shells, to being immune to explosions - the choice is yours.
- Massive single player adventure - explore various districts in a sprawling futuristic city, beautifully presented in a Mode7 style overworld map. From the seedy housing districts deep below the surface, to the printed, polished, and private floating corporate islands soaring through the sky.
- Player Choices - Contracts that you complete affect relations with other corporations in Alpha City One. You'll have to choose who to keep happy and who to work for to stay alive.
- Cloth - Lazr has been designed around never before seen realistic cloth simulations with full destruction. A completely new and unique type of game mechanic!
- Unique Enemies - fantastic cloth based enemies and bosses will absolutely destroy you and leave you questioning deeply held beliefs such as "do I enjoy playing video games?". No, seriously, you're gonna die, alot. So get some bandaids for your thumbs and some tissues for your eyes - it's gonna be a hard journey to the top. Are you ready?
- There's a Holographic Dog. Yes, you can pet it - you can even play fetch with it! Next level 2d dog AI ensures HoloDog always follows you and stays by your side. Good HoloDoggo!
Lazr now joins hundreds of others on our dedicated Crowdfunding Page.