Starcom: Nexus from Wx3 Labs is a striking looking open-world space action adventure and they've been looking into getting it running on Linux.
In a post on Steam, one of the team noted they're using Unity making it possible but "some testing and fixes are expected". They went over attempting to test with a live Linux USB stick which has enabled them to see it running, and they mentioned to reply to post if you have the game and want to test the Linux version.
Hopefully their continued testing goes well, as it does look great. As a big fan of space sci-fi, I'm always in the mood for another game just like this. See the trailer below:
- A gorgeous universe full of interactive planets to explore and celestial phenomena to discover
- Fast-paced exciting combat with numerous hostile threats
- Over 100 star systems to explore in a fully open-world universe
- Over 140 technologies to research
- Design your own ship using a modular construction system
- Talk and trade with multiple alien factions, each with their own agendas and dynamic AI
- Lots of hidden secrets and side quests
- Nebulae, derelict starships, warp gateways, comets, lost colonies, and much, much more
You can check Starcom: Nexus out on Steam in Early Access.
Hat tip to NuSuey.