Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Witcher 3 coming to Linux :o ?
Page: «11/11
  Go to:
slaapliedje Sep 20, 2017
Ha, that sounds SO much like my previous job... except there they didn't have any laid back people or amazing projects....
Shmerl Sep 20, 2017
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: ShmerlThis is very insightful:
Off topic but I was surprised to see the extremely high ratings for Ubi Soft, because I heard a very different opinion from someone who works there, recently. Maybe different studios…
I agree. I was surprised about high EA ratings as well. EA of all places?
Zelox Sep 22, 2017
Could this be the lack if linux port of witcher 3.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wBuoexbVEFE
Lakorta Sep 23, 2017
Quoting: ZeloxCould this be the lack if linux port of witcher 3.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wBuoexbVEFE
This could also be the reason why we don't have GOG Galaxy for Linux.
That or that they lost interest after the Steam Machines didn't meet their expectations.
Shmerl Jun 11, 2019
Apparently, CDPR are porting TW3 to your toaster oven Nintendo Switch. Sounds like a joke, alright. But seems legit. So it means they are already implementing a Vulkan renderer? That's one step away from Stadia... And two steps away from normal Linux release.

Not that it matters much now, since it runs perfectly in Wine+dxvk. But native Vulkan release can provide better performance.
Linuxwarper Jun 12, 2019
How is it a step away from Stadia? Perhaps they have plans for Stadia release too, just that their Switch release was announced first?
They would be dropping the ball if they didn't make a deal with Google to gain more money from people who use Stadia.
Shmerl Jun 12, 2019
Nintendo Switch requires implementing Vulkan renderer. Once they have it, it's one step away from Stadia which also requires Vulkan renderer.
Linuxwarper Jun 12, 2019
I misinterpreted you! One step away from Stadia as in moving away from it as opposed to drawing nearer. The Vulkan part I'm well informed, thanks to you among other people. The two steps away from normal Linux release would be the graphics code and the code that isn't graphical?
I'll be more than happy with windows version getting Vulkan, as you probably would have guessed. I rather have Proton give me a better experience than play a poorly developed "native" port. Not that I believe CDPR would fail to deliver if they put their minds to work for a port, but I've noticed with other games where the actual port is worse experience than Proton.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.