Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Login annoyances
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
shigutso Oct 28, 2015
Two things that really annoy me:

1- The website doesn't login automatically: everytime I close my browser, I have to login again.
2- And, when I log in to comment on some article, I go back to the homepage and have to find the article again.

Please fix! :)

Thanks
shigutso Oct 28, 2015
Quoting: GuestYou must have something that deletes the login cookie in your browser.
Maybe is it because I'm logging in with my Steam account?
I don't have this problem with other websites :(
StianTheDark Oct 29, 2015
This does occasionally happen with me using a normal login too. Maybe if I haven't been on for about a day.
Levi Oct 29, 2015
Sorry to hear you're having issues logging in @shigutso. I've added them to my todo list and will investigate both issues soon.
Liam Dawe Oct 29, 2015
I imagine I just haven't been setting a stay logged in cookie on the Steam login Levi.
Liam Dawe Nov 4, 2015
I have tested it and cannot reproduce, I've closed my browser three to four times only using the Steam login, and I'm still logged in.

What browser are you using?
Liam Dawe Nov 4, 2015
I think I have fixed the redirection on Steam login, it should now send you back to where you were if it's not a page like login (so an article, or forum post or whatever it will, otherwise index.php).

Do still need info on what browser you're using for Steam login that won't keep you logged in. Do me a favour, and clear every cookie from the gol domain name (any and ALL) as you might have some outdated cookies from when I adjusted them a long time ago. Let me know if it still logs you out.

Edit: Found the problem with keeping Steam logins logged-in, it seems I'm not setting the cookie correctly. Will work on a fix.

I wonder if people would have a problem with me assuming they want to stay logged in, and just auto setting the required stuff for it?
shigutso Nov 4, 2015
Whoa, I was pretty sure I was subscribed to this topic... I didn't come back here because I wasn't receiving email notifications :P

Quoting: liamdaweWhat browser are you using?
I'm using Google Chrome 64bit on Ubuntu Linux (any version)

Quoting: liamdaweI think I have fixed the redirection on Steam login, it should now send you back to where you were if it's not a page like login (so an article, or forum post or whatever it will, otherwise index.php).
Can confirm, it's working now, awesome :)

Quoting: liamdaweEdit: Found the problem with keeping Steam logins logged-in, it seems I'm not setting the cookie correctly. Will work on a fix.
Cool, please let me know if you change anything, I'll be ready to test :)
Liam Dawe Nov 4, 2015
Honestly, I can't think of a good way to do stay logged in for an openid login apart from doing it automatically, but I don't know how people would feel about not being asked.
shigutso Nov 4, 2015
Quoting: liamdaweHonestly, I can't think of a good way to do stay logged in for an openid login apart from doing it automatically, but I don't know how people would feel about not being asked.
Well... many websites don't have a "remember me" option and keep you logged in... like Instagram, and... can't think of any others haha
If the Steam Login is the only one having this problem, I wouldn't mind login in with my Twitter account.
Liam Dawe Nov 4, 2015
Quoting: shigutso
Quoting: liamdaweHonestly, I can't think of a good way to do stay logged in for an openid login apart from doing it automatically, but I don't know how people would feel about not being asked.
Well... many websites don't have a "remember me" option and keep you logged in... like Instagram, and... can't think of any others haha
If the Steam Login is the only one having this problem, I wouldn't mind login in with my Twitter account.

Probably same issue with twitter, as it's an external login.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.