Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Ubuntu 16.04 upgrade ckusterf***
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
wojtek88 Apr 21, 2016
Ubuntu user for hmmm... 7 years I guess. And I have to say - there is always something wrong with updates / upgrades. I have a fresh ubuntu 12.04 LTS installed 4 years ago, updated to 13.04, then to 14.04 :LTS , then to 15.04. For some reason I don't like releases from October :D. I am going to update to Ubuntu 16.04 LTS as well, but have to say - I am thinking about changing distribution, mainly because... since Unity was introduced I didn't see big progress in this distro.
But have to say - I've not switched distro so far because I am lazy :(
StianTheDark Apr 22, 2016
Quoting: darkone778Seems to me the code is quite open https://code.launchpad.net/mir Also if you think someone like Red Hat doesn't have their bottom line in mind when they support projects you would be very wrong, Also if you use Samba you might want to stop using it cause you know there is code from Microsoft in there as well. Why oh because it helps their bottom line when Samba plays nice with Microsoft's stuff. Any company that contributes to open source 99.9% of the time does so for their bottom line and nothing more. Do not think that they do it out of the goodness of their hearts in spite of the "this is for the community" pr spin they may try and put on it.

Have you checked the license? Wait, you haven't checked the license? Well, read the license and then we'll talk.
tuubi Apr 22, 2016
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: StianTheDarkHave you checked the license? Wait, you haven't checked the license? Well, read the license and then we'll talk.
You mean this licence?
There's also the Canonical CLA. So it's true that the code is available under GPL3, but Canonical retains the exclusive right to use and distribute any code you contribute under whichever license they see fit, free or non-free. This is the real reason they didn't go with Wayland.

More on the subject from someone who knows this stuff.
StianTheDark Apr 22, 2016
It does. Definition of proprietary: belonging or controlled as property
lucifertdark Apr 24, 2016
It's working fine for me now, I'm not messing about with partitions or different Distros for at least the next two years.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.