Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
The Shameful and Disappointing Surround Sound Thread
edddeduck_feral commented on 7 November 2016 at 4:19 pm UTC

I don't know for sure what's happening based on the other comment it works just fine in game which is certainly suggesting something is happening somewhere likely deep in Alsa/Pulse. Or it could just be the other users think it was working but it wasn't working completely.

I'm sorry to say that debugging a specific setup over forums isn't really feasible given all the possible variations but by all means report a support report to our team and we can add your setup and details to the tracking bug and once we find out more we can let you know.

Edwin

pete910 commented on 7 November 2016 at 4:48 pm UTC

edddeduck_feralI don't know for sure what's happening based on the other comment it works just fine in game which is certainly suggesting something is happening somewhere likely deep in Alsa/Pulse. Or it could just be the other users think it was working but it wasn't working completely.

I'm sorry to say that debugging a specific setup over forums isn't really feasible given all the possible variations but by all means report a support report to our team and we can add your setup and details to the tracking bug and once we find out more we can let you know.

Edwin

This is the problem, A lot of people confuse multi channel stereo with surround sound, I've been one in the past.

Like you say, diagnosing across a forum is beyond hard. Going on the few that do work + movies etc am inclined to be 99% certain it just don't work in DeusEx

It also wasn't a dig at you/feral regards the situation overall, the port in general is seems solid. Going on the quick go with the Steam controller doing the vid above it also works well out of the box. It's just a shame that a game like this does not work with surround sound.

edddeduck_feral commented on 7 November 2016 at 5:06 pm UTC

pete910It also wasn't a dig at you/feral regards the situation overall, the port in general is seems solid. Going on the quick go with the Steam controller doing the vid above it also works well out of the box. It's just a shame that a game like this does not work with surround sound.

No offence taken, surround sound is something on our todo so your feedback to support will be very helpful.

Cheers,

Edwin

CaineThanatos commented on 22 March 2020 at 7:51 pm UTC

3 years later, figuring it still is the same.
only stereo

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • Everspace - Live. Fight. Die. Repeat.
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts