Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Rocket League
Slackdog Jul 14, 2016
https://www.humblebundle.com/revelmode-bundle

So it looks like you get get it as part of a bundle before any sign of the Linux version. For the first time in 5 years seriously thinking about a winblows partition..

Looking back seems a bit of a grumpy post but hey :P
Al3s Jul 14, 2016
I waited months for it and in the end I got it by getting the montly humble. I would say wait for it, I love the game and I would play it all day but it's just too much hassle to reboot every time and I feel dirty using Windows.
Slackdog Jul 14, 2016
The thing is I've *owned* the game for months as it was bundled with my steam controller. I know it's Valve time and all but I'm beginning to doubt we will see the game released at all.
Al3s Jul 14, 2016
Oh, well, then it's your choice what to do :) I've always had a Pirate Windows partition because I have lots of free space, hundreds of windows-only games, and wine isn't really an option for a lot of them, also being an AMD r9 390 owner using open source driver it just sucks too much. Now, since Valve gave Linux the gaming push I don't buy windows-only games unless I like it A LOT or they come in a bundle with Linux games, and even those windows games I don't even play them much because I'm too lazy to reboot, as I said, and my digital daily routine revolves around Linux.
chui2ch Jul 14, 2016
Quoting: Slackdoghttps://www.humblebundle.com/revelmode-bundle

So it looks like you get get it as part of a bundle before any sign of the Linux version. For the first time in 5 years seriously thinking about a winblows partition..

Looking back seems a bit of a grumpy post but hey :P
I thought rocket league worked in wine?
paasisti Aug 22, 2016
There is a Reddit thread saying that the Linux branch has entered QA stage. Could anyone parse the SteamDB page to confirm this? (I can't make out anything that talks about the QA..)
Ben D Aug 22, 2016
Nothing on that that specifically says QA, but there are Linux builds going into the system on a dev branch. The entries look like:
branches/steamos/buildid: 1282793 › 1285095

So they are working on it...
darkszluf Aug 23, 2016
Quoting: chui2chI thought rocket league worked in wine?

yep but the performance hit is pretty big, it transforms a game that barely use CPU into a resource hog
Blurps Aug 23, 2016
works fine with wine.
I don't know how it works on windows but it's pretty descent with my rig.

anyway, it's the only way to play on Gnu/Linux
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.