Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures we have no timed articles and no paywalls. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal, Flattr, Liberapay or Buy us a Coffee. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Anyone else have glitches / macroblocks on Tomb Raider 2013?
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
edddeduck_feral 27 September 2016 at 4:45 pm UTC

dubigrasuGPU Nvidia Physx is already available for Linux since 2014. I think Metro Redux games are using it.

Yep we've used it in loads of games, whenever the Windows version uses PhysX we use t on Mac/Linux too. It's a standard physics library these days for many titles.

I'd also note most games only use it in software mode, it's very rare any game uses hardware mode as that was Nvidia hardware only. Software works on all graphics cards so that's the but most dev use.

Fun fact we were the first ever people to use PhysX on Mac back in the day.

Edwin

edddeduck_feral 27 September 2016 at 4:46 pm UTC

Double Post

dubigrasu 27 September 2016 at 5:34 pm UTC

edddeduck_feral
dubigrasuGPU Nvidia Physx is already available for Linux since 2014. I think Metro Redux games are using it.

Yep we've used it in loads of games, whenever the Windows version uses PhysX we use t on Mac/Linux too. It's a standard physics library these days for many titles.

I'd also note most games only use it in software mode, it's very rare any game uses hardware mode as that was Nvidia hardware only. Software works on all graphics cards so that's the but most dev use.
Edwin
About that, is there any tool/way (on Linux) to detect the physx mode in use (CPU vs GPU)? I'm thinking something similar with PhysX Visual Indicator on Windows: http://physxinfo.com/wiki/PhysX_Visual_Indicator

edddeduck_feral 29 September 2016 at 2:25 pm UTC

dubigrasu
edddeduck_feral

Edwin
About that, is there any tool/way (on Linux) to detect the physx mode in use (CPU vs GPU)? I'm thinking something similar with PhysX Visual Indicator on Windows: http://physxinfo.com/wiki/PhysX_Visual_Indicator

I think the Nvidia drivers might have a way of telling but I honestly can't tell you.

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
  • GTFO - R2C1 - Work Together Or Die Together [GER/ENG]
Popular this week
View by Category
Contact
Latest Comments
Latest Forum Posts