Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Vampyr by Dontnod Entertainment?
Page: 1/3»
  Go to:
Shmerl Aug 23, 2016
Developers of Life is Strange, are working on a new game - Vampyr:

View video on youtube.com

Since Life is Strange came out for Linux, and Vampyr is using UE4, I contacted them and asked if they plan to release it for Linux too, and whether they will release it on GOG.

That's what they answered:

QuoteThank you for your message!
We couldn't say at this stage of the development, the game is planned to be released in 2017 so maybe we'll have answers later :)

So, keep tabs on this one. There is some chance they'll be interested in Linux release. Or even better, contact them if you think the game is promising, encourage them and express your interest in the Linux release (and DRM-free one if you want it).
Ehvis Aug 24, 2016
I love the whole setting of that game. I'll be having an eye on that one as well. I'm hoping that Vulkan Linux builds will start to become relatively painless in the future.
Shmerl Aug 24, 2016
Since it's using UE4, they might use Vulkan, once support for it in the engine will be ready.
PublicNuisance Aug 28, 2016
I am really looking forward to Vampyr but I wouldn't hold my breath. None of Dontnod's games have been released in any DRM free form and Life is Strange took a while to come to Linux. If they're not planning on Linux or DRM free at this stage the best we can hope for is a Linux release on Steam a ways down the road. I would love to be wrong.
Shmerl Aug 28, 2016
Quoting: PublicNuisanceNone of Dontnod's games have been released in any DRM free form

Because their previous publishers were worse. Vampyr is published by Focus Home Interactive, and they have some games on GOG. May be it's worth contacting the publisher to clarify this question.
Liam Dawe Aug 28, 2016
Well, since they already have a working relationship with Feral, it's possible we may see a port if they team up again. That depends though, the game I imagine has to do pretty well for Feral to consider it worth their own effort.
Shmerl Aug 28, 2016
Also, since UE4 Linux support is already quite good, they can simply do it themselves. Hiring someone like Feral makes more sense for custom engines which had no Linux support before.
PublicNuisance Sep 5, 2016
Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: PublicNuisanceNone of Dontnod's games have been released in any DRM free form

Because their previous publishers were worse. Vampyr is published by Focus Home Interactive, and they have some games on GOG. May be it's worth contacting the publisher to clarify this question.

Which games from Focus Home Interactive are on GOG ? I have found some games they published that ended up on GOG such as Magrunner: Dark Pulse but the publisher is listed as Frogwares who also developed it. The same goes for multiple Sherlock games and Divinity II. Either GOG has credited them wrong or Focus had nothing to do with the game going to GOG. I'm not sure which it is.
PublicNuisance Sep 17, 2016
Quoting: ShmerlThat's what searching by name provides.

Sadly none of those have Linux versions at least not on GOG.
Kimyrielle Sep 17, 2016
Focus? Did they -ever- publish a Linux game before?

Otherwise...*sigh* So far, DontNod was very high up on my list of favourite developers, because they had the guts to make games with strong female lead characters while the large rest of the industry still acts as if women don't exist. And now they are making a game with a male lead, like, you know...everyone else?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.