Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
More options at computer info
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
Blauer_Hunger Sep 15, 2016
I miss some options in the PC Info page in the user cp:

-> Do you use a VM for playing Windows Games?
-> No
-> Yes with virtual VGA [usable for old games]
-> Yes with VGA passthrough [usable for new games]

-> Which hypervisor do you use for VM gaming?
-> I don't.
-> VirtualBox
-> Xen
-> KVM/QEMU

-> Which chipset does you Mainboard use?
-> [Text field]

-> Which Mainboard do you use?
-> [Text field]

As I know some people who use ARM boards for Gaming (Retro Gaming in most cases, but with powerful boards also some newer games, as there are qemu-user-static-$ARCH), it might be good to change the options in the Distro Arch selection to:
-> i386 [instead of 32-bit]
-> amd64 [instead of 64-bit]
-> armhf [for armv7 and armv6l]
-> arm64 [for armv8]
Liam Dawe Sep 15, 2016
I will be working on the user pc info/stats page again soon, so will keep your thoughts in mind.
Ne0 Sep 22, 2016
For the Architecture, I would suggest...
x86 32-bit
x86 64-bit
ARM 32-bit
ARM 64-bit

Also, please add the following option to "Do you dual-boot with a different operating system?":
Yes with Chrome OS
Liam Dawe Sep 22, 2016
Quoting: Ne0For the Architecture, I would suggest...
x86 32-bit
x86 64-bit
ARM 32-bit
ARM 64-bit

Also, please add the following option to "Do you dual-boot with a different operating system?":
Yes with Chrome OS
This isn't meant to be for chromebooks though, this is mainly for Linux desktop (proper), you won't be playing Steam, GOG etc games on an ARM unit.
tuubi Sep 23, 2016
Is the motherboard chipset or model any more relevant than RAM speed or the size of your hard drive? The virtualization stuff is arguable as well. Maybe just extend the dual boot question to cover virtual installations. There's not much difference if the purpose is to find out how many of us still game on operating systems other than Linux. Windows running in a vm is still Windows, regardless of VGA passthrough or hypervisor. I'm sure it might be interesting to some, but has little to do with Linux gaming.

I think it's better have a focused set of questions to keep the statistics useful and readable. Just My Opinion™.
Ne0 Sep 28, 2016
Quoting: liamdawe
Quoting: Ne0Also, please add the following option to "Do you dual-boot with a different operating system?":
Yes with Chrome OS
This isn't meant to be for chromebooks though, this is mainly for Linux desktop (proper), you won't be playing Steam, GOG etc games on an ARM unit.
I have 2 computers:
Office PC: Intel Core i5 5300U, 16 GB RAM, with RHEL
Home PC: Intel Core i7-5500U, 16 GB RAM, with Chrome OS + Xubuntu
Neither has discrete GPU.
I prefer to use the second one for gaming(Chrome OS + Xubuntu)
Liam Dawe Oct 11, 2016
Okay, have added in Chrome OS as a dual-boot option. It's there, if people use it then fair enough.

I also agree with tuubi here, we don't want to utterly overload it. We want questions people will be really interested in.
Ne0 Oct 12, 2016
Liam Dawe Oct 18, 2016
Quoting: GuestA free-form field for distribution would be nice, in cases where "Not Listed" is selected. I use KDE Neon which isn't in the list.. so mine just says not listed.
That would make it a bit too messy, will add that to my list to add in, just need to sort an icon for it.
Pikolo Nov 1, 2016
Running Peppermint here, also missing from the selectable distro's
iskaputt Nov 13, 2016
Void user here, requesting for entry :D
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.