You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
XCOM 2 gamepad support
wojtek88 Sep 25, 2016
Hi guys,
what is the current state of the gamepad support in XCOM 2? As far as I can see on Steam, XCOM 2 does not fully support gamepads. Soon there is a PS4 release and I wonder - will I ever have console experience in PC version of XCOM 2 or do I have to buy PS4 version (I don't have Steam Controller, I would like to use Dualshock 4 on PC)?
Mountain Man Sep 27, 2016
Gamepad support may or may not be patched in following the console release. The developers mentioned a long time ago that they may add it, but there's nothing definite. However, XCOM 2 does work brilliantly with the Steam Controller. I actually prefer it over mouse/keyboard.
wojtek88 Sep 29, 2016
Funny coincidence, my Girlfriend bought me Steam Controller yesterdsay, so it looks I'm not stuck to Dualshock 4 anymore.
If you use Steam Controller for XCOM 2 did you by any chance managed to use it for XCOM:EU or XCOM:EW? It looks for me that neither recommended or the one that is used by most users config works.

Edit: NVM, it works, my bad.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.