Borderlands Games in Opensource Drivers
M@GOid Oct 12, 2016
Any of you are having trouble running the Borderlands games this year? Since Ubuntu 16.04 I cannot launch any of those games with the AMD ant Intel open source drivers. And yes, I verified both games archives integrity several times.

Trying to run Borderland: The Pre Sequel in the terminal show some i386 dependencies problems. After installing all 3 of then, the game launched but at a quarter of the screen showing, and no input response, so I cannot change resolution or any other stuff.
darkszluf Oct 13, 2016
played both of them without issues on Ubuntu 16.04 on oland, bonaire and cape verde cards, what kind of cards do you have?
crt0mega Oct 13, 2016
According to his profile he has a polaris GPU.
libgradev Oct 21, 2016
Needed on Arch (Set Launch Options):

SSL_CERT_DIR="/etc/ssl/certs" LD_PRELOAD='./libcxxrt.so:/usr/$LIB/libstdc++.so.6' %command%
M@GOid Oct 22, 2016
Hi, sorry for take so long to respond.

darkszluf, so you are using radeonsi driver. Interesting.

ligradev solution works, but I lost the ability to configure my Steam Controller (the game do not recognize the stick) and the game no longer displays the fps in the screen corner. But at last I can play it with mouse and keyboard. So the Arch guys having problems with this game use radeonsi too?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.