Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Follow-You printing under Linux, non-Ubuntu
Smilex Oct 18, 2016
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone on this board has successfully set up a Follow-You printer solution, as a Linux user. It is what my university uses, and it does provide instructions for Ubuntu users, but I am on Arch.
I did spend some time on this using CUPS, and did manage to connect to the university printing service, but I found no method of providing my login details. I don't need a CUPS specific solution though. Anything that works is fine by me.
One thing I would prefer, was if the solution didn't require me to download a whole bunch of stuff. Also if it's something with a GUI, then it has to work on tiling WMs that do not reparent.

(I didn't post this in the tech support section, because it looked like it was only for gaming related tech support)
tuubi Oct 19, 2016
CUPS is most likely the way to go. The package system-config-printer provides a nice, simple GTK+ GUI for managing your CUPS printers. You can do it all using the CUPS web interface as well, but you might need to allow the web UI in the CUPS config. This is pretty much all I can say without further details. Basically the Ubuntu method should work if everything is set up correctly.

Oh, if you've already set it up according to the instructions, you might be able to authenticate individual print jobs using system-config-printer. When you print a document, it should show the job "waiting for authentication" or something like that in the printer's queue. Simply right click the job and select Authenticate. (If you can't find the queue, just right click the printer in system-config-printer's GUI.)

Hope this helps. Printing can be a bit fiddly sometimes, and I've never used "Follow-you"/pull printing myself. Lots of slightly different proprietary solutions around.
Smilex Oct 21, 2016
Thanks for the reply!
I tried using system-config-printer, but I'm getting nowhere. I'll just have to get other people to print for me
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.