Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Sequels not on Linux
g000h Nov 5, 2016
Hi All,

Does anyone know why games which have come to Linux,,,

Space Run
Legend of Grimrock
Divinity: Original Sin
Witcher I and II

... have sequels, but the sequel has *not* come to Linux...

Space Run Galaxy
Legend of Grimrock 2
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Witcher III

Any ideas? Is it due to sales volume, or something else?

Comments welcome..
Kimyrielle Nov 5, 2016
Divinity 1 took -ages- to get ported to Linux, and the Windows version of Divinity 2 just about launched. I am not sure if getting a port down the road is something they are looking into or not. I guess they are careful now, because the Divinity 1 port has been an absolute disaster (delays piled upon delays). Witcher 3 is a mystery - nobody really knows (for the record, Witcher 1 is NOT on Linux, just 2 is).

Legend of Grimrock was among the first wave of indie Linux games back then. In their case I think they were just not happy enough with the result, or found it too much work. I dunno.
slaapliedje Nov 5, 2016
I think Legend of Grimrock was originally one that was ported by the Humble Bundle guys? I could be completely wrong about that.

For the record, it's not like this doesn't happen historically anyhow.

I'm still to this day baffled why SSI released Phantasie 1 and 3 and Questron in a game pack for the Amiga, but never ported Phantasie 2 over to it.

Only the original Bard's Tale was released for the Atari ST, and yet all the way through the Construction Set was released for both the C64 and Amiga.

Would have loved Witcher 1 and 3 ported, I still haven't completed the first one... namely because rebooting or using wine is too time consuming, I'd rather be able to just fire the game up, play for a while, then get back to it later.

I think 'eventually' Divinity: Original Sin 2 should release for Linux. I actually really hope it does an they take their time, because I still need to beat the first one with my Brother!
GustyGhost Nov 6, 2016
How about prequels? Knights of the Old Republic II is on Linux but not the first one.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.