You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Painkiller Hell & Damnation - No sound on cutscenes. Still an issue?
Crystal Dagger Nov 16, 2016
Hi, I just bought Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Collector's Edition from Humble Bundle because of the discount. I installed it, setted everything up volume, graphic options, you know... the basics before you play a game, I start the tutorial and everything works flawlessly, incredible, beyond expecations. BUT when I start the campaign and the cutscene shows up there is no sound.

Now... I've seen this post on GOL: https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/painkiller-hell-and-damnation-fps-game-now-in-beta-for-linux.2580 that refers to a post on steam that talks about this, but, since it is from 2013, I wonder if after 3 years this is still an issue and if the game is still on "beta", if so, is there a work-around to fix it? Asides from watching the cutscenes outside the game, any other major malfunctions that I should be aware of? In that case I hope that they are still working on the beta...

Also for some "odd" reason if I launch the game on my native language no pop-up comes up with 3 options one showing up "view beta release notes" but if I launch it on English it does show them up, but oh well, I was going to play it in English anyways to "practice/learn" a little.
Crystal Dagger Nov 23, 2016
Hmmm, really? no one has experienced this issue lately? :/
omer666 Nov 29, 2016
The game has been in indefinite Linux beta since back in 2013... It never got finished.
So yes, there is no sound in cutscenes, and it will never get fixed. Sorry mate... :(
Mezron Jan 12, 2017
I had this game. I did not have any issues with sound cutting out at any point in the game. The SP campaign is good old school FPS fanfare. The online multiplayer is dead.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.