Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Favourite Linux IDE?
Page: «4/9»
  Go to:
djzk Feb 17, 2017
Atom for anything
Liam Dawe Feb 17, 2017
Had to switch from Atom, messed up my files with old versions in some cache too many times. Too annoying, switched to Kate.
Samsai Feb 17, 2017
Geany is my pick if I had to pick just one IDE for everything. However, if I am forced to use Java I will pick Eclipse.
beniwtv Feb 17, 2017
I'm using Visual Studio Code both at home and at work. *ducks*.
But seriously, it's MIT licensed and actually pretty good.
jens Feb 17, 2017
  • Supporter
Visual Studio Code here too, in my case for web development, MS is doing actually pretty good things lately!
JetBrains Rider is my choice for C#.
uriil Feb 21, 2017
I use Visual Studio Code
nattydread Mar 7, 2017
I use code::blocks, QtCreator and eclipse (but always an older version as they are more stable). Code::blocks is not really suitable for really large projects as the indexing grinds to a halt.
mas886 Mar 16, 2017
NetBeans for me, my favourite by the code I use to write (PHP and Java), but when using C I loved QT creator.
anastiel Aug 10, 2017
i use geany
wojtek88 Aug 10, 2017
IntelliJ IDEA. There has never been better IDE for Java and I doubt there will be soon.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.